Within the Simployer-group, we process personal data in several contexts. The three main areas are:
What personal data we process
When you log in to use our Services, we in process the following information:
- Contact details
- Company address/invoicing address
- Customer relationship information
- Your specific preferences, notifications- and communication-settings
- Login information
- Your communication with us
- Other relevant information you may need to provide to us
Why we process this information
We process the data:
- to provide and manage our services to you. The legal basis for this is GDPR Article 6 b (necessary to enter into, and fulfil, an agreement).
- to improve and further develop our services. The legal basis for this is GDPR Article 6 f (necessary to fulfill our legitimate interest in product-development and innovation). When it is possible, we will use anonymous information for this purpose.
- to send or show you newsletters, event invitations and marketing for our services that correspond to those on which our customer relationship is based. The legal basis for this is GDPR Article 6 f (necessary to fulfill our legitimate interest in communicating about our products and offerings). We will be able to adapt such marketing to your choices and our knowledge of you, unless you have asked us to receive only general, non-customized marketing.
We may also process information for other purposes if you have consented to it.
We may also process personal data for purposes not incompatible with the original purpose for which it was collected, such as storing for account-purposes, the use of information in connection with the handling of claims and disputes, and in connection with any purchase or sale of our business.
For how long do we store information about you?
We store the personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Our criteria for determining how long we store the information are:
- The duration of your customer relationship with us. We will typically store all information for as long as your customer relationship persists, and contact details and information about your customer relationship for up to five years thereafter.
- Some data is subject to statutory storage requirements. For example, we will store transactional information and support-documentation in accordance with the relevant Accounting Act.
We may store and use anonymized information regardless of the above storage/deletion criteria. You can ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
You do this by contacting our Customer Center or via functionality for deletion in the individual service.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We do not share information about you with outside third parties.
Use of subprocessors
We only process and transfer information about you to our subprocessors to the extent necessary for them to provide their services to us. We have data processing agreements in place with all subcontractors to ensure proper processing of the data.
We may share customer-information with other companies within our company-group for internal administrative purposes, such as analysis, reporting and customer administration.
You have several rights under the privacy regulation, GDPR. An overview of these follows below. Please contact us if you wish to exercise your rights. We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible, and within one month at the latest. Please note that certain conditions and exceptions to these rights apply.
Access: You have the right to access what personal data we have registered about you.
Correction or erasure (deletion): You have the right to ask us to correct erroneous information about you and to ask us to delete personal information about you.
Limitation (of processing): You have the right to ask us to stop ("freeze") the processing of your personal data, i.e. where you believe that we are processing personal data about you unlawfully and you do not want us to delete such data in accordance with our deletion procedures until this is clarified.
Data Portability: Where we process information about you based on consent or agreement, you have the right to request that personal data about you is transferred in a standard, machine-readable format.
Object: You have the right to object to our processing of personal data about you if your special situation requires it. You may also object to our use of your information for marketing purposes, which you can do, using the link included in each marketing email (to “unsubscribe” for such mailings and use).
Complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority: If you believe that we have not complied with your rights under the applicable privacy regulation, you have the right to complain to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority. We will appreciate if you contact us first so that we can clear up any misunderstandings.
Phone +47 69 97 17 00
Simployer AS, Kalnesveien 5, 1712 Grålum